Pentair Rocean Warranty
LIMITED 1 YEAR WARRANTY
Pentair Rocean® manufactures their products (collectively, the “Products”) and parts (“Parts”) using quality workmanship and materials. Accordingly, Pentair Rocean warrants to the original purchaser, referred to herein as “Buyer,” that its Products and Parts of the brands listed below will be free from material defects in materials and/or workmanship under normal use and service beginning on the date Pentair Rocean ships the Product and continuing for the respective warranty coverage period set forth below, and further subject to the exclusions, limitations and conditions set forth herein.
Exclusions from this Limited Warranty
This warranty does not cover the following instances:
1. Damage caused by careless handling, improper repackaging, or shipping by a party other than Pentair Rocean.
2. Damage due to misapplication, misuse, abuse; failure to operate or install Products as specified in owner’s manual; or failure to use the Products in accordance with the water conditions specified in the owner’s manual.
3. Any non-Pentair Rocean parts manufactured, including, but not limited to, repair and service parts, repair kits, motors, pistons, seal kits, spacer kits, bypass valves, brine connections and devices, or any other third party parts. Incorporation of any parts manufactured by a third party into a Pentair Rocean Product shall completely void the limited warranty for such Product.
4. Damage due to unauthorized Product modifications, alteration or failure to use Pentair Rocean’s original replacement parts.
5. Damage caused by negligence of any third party, including Buyer, or failure to properly maintain Products as specified in the owner’s manual.
6. Damage due to oxidizing agents, impacts, corrosive liquids, gases, or chemicals.
7. Damage due to hydro-pneumatic or pneumatic use.
8. Damage caused by water freezing inside the Product.
9. Accidental damage, fire, acts of God (such as flood, earthquake, hurricane, lightning or other disaster) or other circumstances outside of Pentair’s reasonable control.
10. Labor expenses.
11. Normal wear and tear.
Pentair Rocean Warranty Obligations
Should a defect in workmanship and/or materials in Products or Parts arise during the applicable warranty period, then upon Buyer’s compliance with the procedures below, Pentair Rocean will, at its sole option, repair or replace such Product or Part, or issue a credit of equal value, in lieu of repair. Any replacement product shall be warranted only for the remainder of the original product warranty only and shall not extend the original warranty period. However, Pentair Rocean is not responsible under this warranty for any cost of shipping or transportation of the Product or Parts thereof to or from its facility. Also, Pentair Rocean is not liable for any loss of time, inconvenience, incidental expenses such as telephone calls, labor, travel or material charges incurred in connection with the removal or replacement of the Product or Part.
PENTAIR ROCEAN SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON FOR PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONTINGENT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY DESCRIPTION OR LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFITS, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF WARRANTY OR OTHER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT, OR OTHERWISE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to Buyer.
No Other Warranties
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PENTAIR ROCEAN DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH REGARD TO THE
PRODUCT(S), PART(S) AND/OR ANY ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS.
Replacement Products & Parts
If customer receives replacement parts, they have until the remainder of the original warranty period.
Procedure for Obtaining Warranty Pentair Rocean extends the warranties contained herein solely to direct transactional customers of Pentair Rocean. All secondary customers of these Products and Parts must submit warranty claims with their direct suppliers. In order to obtain the benefits of this warranty, the Buyer must contact Pentair Rocean’s Customer Care Department as soon as possible after discovery of the Product or Part related issue, but in no event later than the expiration date of the respective warranty periods provided herein. Upon receipt of this communication, Pentair Rocean will promptly notify Buyer of the address to which the Product or Part may be shipped. Buyer shall then ship the Product or Part, freight prepaid by Buyer, to the address indicated, together with a “RETURN GOODS AUTHORIZATION” form obtained from Pentair Rocean’s Customer Care and a brief description of the problems encountered. Unauthorized returns will not be accepted. Warranties or Representations by Others No third party has any authority to make any warranties or representation concerning Pentair Rocean or its Products and Parts. Accordingly, Pentair Rocean is not responsible for any such warranties or representations. Sole Warranty This warranty supersedes all previous warranty publications.